Welcome to NCRExpressmews.in Where we shared articles on various topic including news, sports, and entertainment, if you have any problem with our news article feel free to use our contact us page, Thank you!!
Woman in her 50s is knocked unconscious and sexually assaulted as she sat on park bench after leaving Boots
- The attack took place at Bournemouth Central Gardens in Dorset after 2.40pm
- The woman was sat on a bench when she was attacked from behind last Friday
- The victim lost consciousness and was sexually assaulted and robbed by a man
- Dorset Police are investigating the attack and asking witnesses to contact them
A woman in her 50s was knocked unconscious and sexually assaulted as she sat on a park bench after leaving Boots last Friday.
The attack happened in broad daylight in Bournemouth Central Gardens in Dorset when she suffered a blow to the head and lost consciousness.
The woman had left the Boots store on Commercial Road at around 2.40pm on July 29.
Police said the woman was sitting on the bench and was struck on the back of the head by an unknown man.
The victim regained consciousness in Royal Bournemouth Hospital after arriving there at 5.45pm.
She then told police she had been sexually assaulted and robbed and that the items stolen from her were her phone and bank card as well as other items.
Bournemouth Central Gardens in Dorset was the scene of the attack where the victim had sat on a bench after leaving Boots (file picture)
Detective Constable Evelyn Ahmadi, of Bournemouth CID, said: ‘We have launched a full investigation into this incident and have carried out a number of enquiries, including a review of available CCTV footage.
‘We are also supporting the victim.
‘I understand the area was busy on the afternoon of Friday 29 July 2022, with a number of pedestrians in the vicinity, and I would urge anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity, or came across a woman in a distressed state, to please contact us.
We understand reports of this nature can cause concern for the local community. Officers will be continuing to carry out enquiries in the area and can be approached by members of the public with information or concerns.’