Welcome to NCRExpressmews.in Where we shared articles on various topic including news, sports, and entertainment, if you have any problem with our news article feel free to use our contact us page, Thank you!!
Police arrest six for MURDER after man, 58, is held down and dies in bar row at popular family holiday park Parkdean Resorts in Camber Sands
- Six men arrested for murder after man dies in a fight at popular holiday park
- An argument broke out after the football in the onsite bar involving several men
- Several men held the victim down until he turned blue and died around 10.50pm
Police have arrested six men for murder after a bar room brawl at the end of a football match at a popular family holiday park.
Holidaymakers told of how the man had been tackled to the floor and held down after he got into an argument at Parkdean Resorts in Camber Sands in Sussex.
Witnesses said the man was shouting ‘I can’t breathe’ before turning blue whilst several men were atop him.
The victim is said to have got into a row just before 11pm on Friday following the end of the opening match of the Premier League season between Crystal Palace and Arsenal which was being shown in The Showbar at the site, according to The Sun.
Paramedics attended the scene but ‘despite the best efforts of paramedics’ a 58-year-old man was declared dead shortly after midnight, Sussex Police said. His next of kin have been informed.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: ‘Police have arrested six people on suspicion of murder following the death of a man at a holiday park in Lydd Road, Camber Sands, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
‘Emergency services were called at around 10.50pm on Friday to reports of an altercation involving a group of people.
Police have arrested six men for murder after an altercation at the end of a football match at Parkdean Resorts in Camber Sands
‘Despite the best efforts of paramedics, a 58-year-old man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene shortly after midnight.
‘Six people have been arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in custody at this time.’
Detective Superintendent Jon Hull said: ‘Our investigation is at a very early stage, but I would like to reassure the public that this appears to be an isolated incident with no wider risk of harm.
‘Officers are now working to establish the full circumstances while the victim’s next of kin are supported by specialist officers.’
Parkdean sent a message to guests saying that a ‘serious incident’ had taken place and some holidaymakers have been told to leave the resort this morning.
There was a ‘live police investigation’ and the park would remain closed until officers carried out further investigations, it said.
One holidaymaker said: ‘I have been here for a week with my family, and this morning we went to the corner shop to find out what had happened.’
Parkdean has offered £100 to any guests who had to cancel activities and leave the park.
The message said: ‘We would like to make you aware that last night a serious incident occurred within our complex area.
‘As this is a live police investigation our team is doing everything they can to assist their enquiries.
‘Please be aware they cannot comment on this incident.
‘Our complex area on park will remain closed and will not re-open until investigations are completed.
‘We will update you at lunchtime today in relation to this.
‘If you have activities booked for today our on park team will contact you to advise whether these events can go ahead.