Welcome to NCRExpressmews.in Where we shared articles on various topic including news, sports, and entertainment, if you have any problem with our news article feel free to use our contact us page, Thank you!!
Peanut allergy student, 24, died four years after suffering anaphylactic shock in restaurant and never regaining consciousness, inquest hears
- Tania Kaur Khasriya, 24, has died after eating a peanut in Southall four years ago
- The Ealing student never regained consciousness and died last month
- In the UK 2% of children have a peanut allergy and 1 in 200 around the world
- There has been a sudden increase in number of cases in the 21st century
A woman with a peanut allergy has died after suffering a fatal anaphylactic shock in West London.
Tania Kaur Khasriya, 24, dined at a restaurant in Southall in July 2018 where she accidentally ate a peanut.
She never regained consciousness and passed away four years later.
The student from Ealing was diagnosed with the deadly nut allergy when she was just a year old, in 1998.
Opening her inquest today, Coroner Lydia Brown said: ‘She had an anaphylactic shock to eating a peanut in a restaurant in July 2018 and has since suffered a disorder of consciousness.’
She was rushed to Ealing Hospital for treatment, but was relocated to a nursing centre after her condition failed to improve.
Ms Khasriya never regained consciousness from the reaction and passed away on April 27 this year after doctors withdrew palliative care.
Tania Khasriya was immediately rushed to Ealing Hospital in West London after consuming a peanut at a restaurant in Southall
Her death was put down to three causes – persistent disorder of consciousness, hypoxic brain injury and anaphylaxis due to peanut allergy.
The Coroner called it a ‘complex inquiry’ and adjourned the inquest to a later date.
Coroner Ms Brown said ‘the restaurant, unnamed as of yet’ during the inquest.
The hearing will look at reports from the palliative care consultant at the care home, as well as information from the London Ambulance Service.
Ms Khasriya spent her last years at Chalfont Lodge nursing centre in Buckinghamshire, which is purpose built to help people with neurological conditions, physical disabilities and dementia.
West London Coronor’s court heard the ‘complex’ case after her sister identified her body
Peanuts are a common food allergy, with around 2% of children affected in the UK.
It is the most common cause of food-related deaths and is due to a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction of the immune system in those who have it.
Charity website Anaphylaxis Campaign said that hospital admissions for food allergies have increased by 500 per cent since 1990.
Up to 20 per cent of patients struggle daily with the fear of a possible asthma attack or anaphylactic shock.